My picks for the Top 5 engineering technology articles are focused on the topic of artificial intelligence this week — a topic I personally find fascinating. AI technologies already permeate our lives and have been fueled in part by cloud computing and web-based data gathering, so I hope you’ll enjoy exploring this fast going research area with me.
Microsoft is putting Cortana machine learning in a fridge
What If Intelligent Machines Could Learn From Each Other?
Study says artificial intelligence will change our lives but won’t kill us
How Artificial Intelligence is Helping Japanese Cucumber Farmers
New center to align AI systems with human values
I’d also encourage you to check out our face-to-face seminars coming to your local area if you prefer a more hands on approach to learning about ANSYS products. Check out our full Events Calendar today. Continue reading
This week my Top 5 engineering technology article picks include further advances in contact lenses technologies, autonomous and flying taxis, $18 million in funding for engineering research cut loose and putting a chip in our brains.
- How your contact lenses could talk to your phone
- Uber is about to start giving rides in self-driving cars
- Airbus is building a high-speed flying taxi fleet
- NSF wants engineering researchers to bend rules (of classical physics)
- Putting a computer in your brain is no longer science fiction
This week’s top 5 engineering technology articles take us from virtual reality to engineering greener cars to wearable tech to the world of robots. Enjoy!
- Virtual reality programs could help paralyzed patients walk again
- These Engineering Tricks Are Helping Automakers Build Greener Cars
- MIT’s DuoSkin turns temporary tattoos into on-skin interfaces
- How E-Textiles Could Engineer a New Era of Smart Materials
- Robot companions are coming into our homes. How human should they be?
============================================================ Continue reading
If you’ve been reading our recent blog posts, you’ve certainly noticed a recurring theme. We’ve been featuring different topics about how the Internet of Things is moving forward and changing the way products are engineered. With that in mind, I want to share with you five great Ted Talks focused on innovation and engineering.
I first came to learn about TED Talks over 10 years ago. Many refer to these talks as the gold standard for inspiration and learning about the world we live in. I couldn’t agree more. What I appreciate most is that they are all under 18 minutes! So, grab a beverage and enjoy!
Happy Monday everyone! Here’s our list of ANSYS webinars this week. Please register today for the topics that are relevant to your interests. Continue reading